Ossicle Ltd (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is: Ossicle Limited, Ostlers Cottage, The Old Threshing Mill, Hedge Lane, Pylle, Shepton Mallet, Somerset, BA4 6SP
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website www.ossicle.co.uk (our website) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial information, personal description and photograph.
- The information you provide us may be shared with Independent Vetcare Ltd trading as Rowe Veterinary Group who are classed as a third party data processor to us. We do this to allow us to provide you with our surgical service, provision of care for hospitalised patients and to keep our client-owners appropriately informed of the status of hospitalised patients, arrange appointments and provide appointment reminders, process payments of professional fees, the recovery of outstanding professional fees, completion and submission of pet healthcare insurance claims and pre-authorisation submissions, submission of laboratory sample documentation and the recording laboratory data, maintenance and retention of client and patient clinical records (including medical and photographic imaging data) in accordance to the standards as required by the contemporary iterations of both the Veterinary Surgeons Act and The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Code of Professional Conduct and the maintenance of the appropriate professional indemnity insurances.
- The information you provide us may be shared with Mailchimp who are classed as a third party data processor to us. This enables us to provide you with e-mail newsletters and information about the services we provide. To learn more about Mailchimp’s privacy practices, please visit https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our office.
- Information we receive from other sources. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
IMPORTANT GDPR Legislation Changes
With new GDPR regulation coming into force from 25th May 2018 we need to ensure you are happy in the way in which we communicate with you. We have a single category* that forms the basis of our client communications so we can be very specific in what we do and don’t send you.
Legitimate Business Interests
- Appointment Reminders
- Reviews and Surveys (for clinical research)
We deem these categories as ‘legitimate business interests’. This means we think they are critical for us to provide you and your pet the best possible healthcare service.
For each of the above you can choose to be contacted by text/SMS, email or letter (or a combination of all three) or not contacted at all.
How do I review and change my communications preferences?
To review your communications preferences please contact the Ossicle team (in person, by email or over the phone) and we will update them within 28 days. If at any point you change your mind in the future, the communication preferences can be changed again as required.
*Categories are based on our Practice Management System Software provider (Vetspace).